Make your camping trip taste better than even with this delicious fall camping recipe. The Dutch oven cobbler from CompletelyDelciious.com is an excellent and easy way to enjoy your favorite fall flavors at the campground. You can easily switch out the berries and fruits in this recipe for pie filling of your choice to make a delicious fall treat. So, load up your new Forest River Salem Hemisphere fifth wheel from RCD RV Sales today and head out to the campground.
Recipe adapted from CompletelyDelicious.com.
- 4 cups fruit such as berries — You can also use peaches, apples, strawberries etc. just makes sure to cut them into small chunks
- 1/2 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup lemon lime soda, Sprite or 7up — 7up is sweeter
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 2 tbsp granulated or coarse sugar
- Whipped cream
- Build a hearty fire and heat 45 charcoal briquettes. While the coals are heating, grease your Dutch over with cooking spray. When the coals are white and glowing, you’re ready to begin.
- In a medium bowl, combin cake mix and soda until a thick batter forms.
- Add your chopped fruit or berries to the Dutch over and cover with the batter.
- Top the batter with the cubed butter, being sure to spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle with sugar to get a crispy, delicious crust, and cover.
- Arrange 15 coal together in an even circle and place the Dutch oven on them. Add the remaining coals to the lid of the Dutch oven and cook for 10 minutes
- Rotate the Dutch oven on the coals, turning the lid in the opposite direction to ensure your cobbler cooks evenly.
- When the crust is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling, it’s ready to serve!
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!
Contact us for more information or to find your dream RV today! We’ll help you take home your dream RV for a great price.